Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2001

I dreamt I was in the house in which I spent my childhood. It was a large house, but in the dream it was huge and gloriously lit within. It was Halloween night, and I was seeing it from the outside, full of orange light and containing hundreds of rooms.

I don't remember much about what happened. I do remember having a conversation about gaming with my friend John. We decided to have a "pick-up" game every Saturday before our normal game, and only a few people could be involved. I wanted to be DM, but he insisted that he should do it, and I gave in, though I was disappointed.

I wandered the rooms to look for my friend Terry, who seemed to be waiting for me. I was supposed to get ready, to take a shower and put on fresh clothes. I was distracted by other people in the rooms, though I don't remember who or why. Finally, I found Terry and promised him that I was going to finally take a shower and change clothes. But when I got into the bathroom, I saw that all of my clothes had been thrown into the shower and were soaked. I don't know why I couldn't just wear the clothes I was wearing in the dream (were they dirty?), and I knew I couldn't dry my other clothes in time. I got this feeling of loss, like it was too late, whatever "it" may be.

I woke up feeling very sad, almost panicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment