Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2003

Tarot card: The Magus

Today officially ends my birthday celebrations. Andy bought me a flourless chocolate cake from Bittersweet Cafe and we had the group over to game. We were playing Gene's game: yes, I play RPGs and specifically, yes, I play Dungeons and Dragons. Some people bought me presents: I got The DaVinci Code from Rob, a ton of graphic novels from Terry and Agnes and Marsha made me earrings and a bracelet. I was very touched, especially since I didn't expect anyone to give me anything, I just wanted to have friends around.

I didn't think the day was going to be a good one, actually. When I woke up, I felt fat and ugly and this was amplified when I went to get my haricut this morning. I didn't like my new haircut at first, and it was disappointing, but now I think I'm growing to like it. At any rate, I'm starting to feel better about my life overall. Having this party and feeling the love from my friends and Andy, who works so hard, makes me realize that I've been a shit. I've wallowed so much in the stupid shit that I think about myself that I forget about other people and what they're going through. I know we can all be asses at times, but I think I've had more than my fair share of assholishness for a long while.

I was thinking about Mercury today, which is funny because I drew the Magus card, which is associated with Mercury. I happened to see something about Mercury that said it completes its revolution around the sun every 88 days. I think that is magically significant, or should be, since that is more or less every 3 months or once a season (here in the North America that is). Considering the Magus is "He who Makes Shit Happen," I think that, like the Soltices and Equinoxes and New and Full Moons, the turning of Mercury should be celebrated in some way and used for the magickal energy it creates. Maybe every time Mercury enters Gemini (since I am a Gemini), that could be a potent time for magickal workings or maybe just a creative time in general. This is something I will need to investigate further

No comments:

Post a Comment