Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2003

Andy is still in a great deal of pain. The medication makes him very groggy - he called me at work and half of the time I couldn't understand him. But then again, maybe I'm just going deaf. I hate talking on the phone. I don't know if it's my hearing or if the connection is just that bad. Cellphones are the worst, of course. I don't know how people can walk around and still hold a conversation on one of those things. Most of the time I just say, "I can't hear you! Hello?!?"

Anyway, on one of the email lists to which I belong, there was a short discussion on a servitor called Fotamecus. I decided to do a quick search on the name and came up with a brief history and a couple of short rituals/uses for the servitor. On a side note, the servitor was designed to be viral (that is, able to make copies of itself), and in a nice bit of irony, I found the same description and ritual copied word for word on multiple web sites over and over again.

I won't give the history of Fotamecus, since anyone with access to a search engine can find it. The basic description of Fotamecus is that it is a servitor (a spirit made by a magickian or group of magickians to do one or two small magickal tasks) that can compress and expand time. As someone who is habitually late and never seems to have enough free time, this was a pretty useful construct. I decided to start using it this morning, especially since I was running late. I got to the station at 8:30 and it usually takes 40-45 minutes to get to the destination station and another 5 minutes to get to my office. I got into my office at 9:10 - not great, but not bad either. I then set the servitor to compress my work day, but so far it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference. I'm going to continue to use it though, to give it time to adjust to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment