Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dream 12

Had a terrifying dream. It started innocently enough: I was in a large comic book store, where Neil Gaiman was putting in an appearance. He was acting as a "guest clerk," ringing up customers and giving recommendations. I remember chatting with him and have a friendly conversation.

I remember leaving the store and being on the vague, twisty streets that my subconscious creates for my dream city. I walked for a bit, and something else happened, but the dream events that happened afterwards made me forget.

The dream suddenly turned nasty. The location switched to the basement of the house where i grew up, a dark, damp place that smelled of mildew. A male friend of mine was there and came on to me. I was horrified and drew back. This only made him angry; the more I backed away from him and refused his advances, the more persistent, mad and violent he became. I truly feared in the dream that he would rape me, something so out of character for this person in real life that it shook me. Before my subconscious could take me to that horrible place, I woke up. I felt nauseated, as if the encounter had actually happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment