Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What I'm Listening to Now: Nine Inch Nails - The Slip

Downloaded this last night and installed it on the iPodPerson. On first listen, most of it reminds me of the music from Ghosts, although a little harder and fuzzier, maybe. I haven't deciphered the lyrics yet, but I'm intrigued. Some sound on the angry political side, others seem to be giving a big "fuck you" to Reznor's critics. In between Downward Spiral and Ghosts, I didn't buy any NIN because I didn't think he (they?) were doing anything all that interesting. But his sound since Ghosts has matured a little; he's still as angry and self-indulgent as ever, but now he's producing lush, eerie soundtracks to dystopia that raise the hair on the back of my neck. And really, isn't that what you want from a band called "Nine Inch Nails?"

No comments:

Post a Comment