Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

God, what a crappy day already.

This morning it was my turn to walk the dog and I awoke to thunder and lightning. Surly, god bless him, did not push to be walked, so I was able to wait until after the rain had stopped (mostly) before taking him out. This, however, messed up my usual morning routine and I was late to work by 15 minutes.

Andy is not having a great day either. His poor car, which needs body work badly, now also has a rapidly decaying transmission. All this in a car not even five years old. And so he is contemplating a new car, although it will be yet another expense for him. I feel terrible, because I know I'm not helping much monetarily. I do wish I was making as much money as I was at my last job. I figured out last night that I would be taking home something like $400 extra a month. It's not so much that I want so many things, just that I would like to get out of debt and make more of a contribution to the household.

[OK, so I just met with my boss, and I can see a ray of hope. If we move over to another department, as she wants, I might be able to move into a web master position. Hurray! Now I just need to get into school...]

No comments:

Post a Comment