Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2003

Creative Process

I'm trying to use a client for the first time to update my journal. I guess I'll see how it works. :)

I'm working with a friend right now on a personal project, which is creating a new fantasy setting for the d20 role-playing game. It's an interesting process. I've never worked with anyone on a creative project, and I'm worried I'm a little too interested (read: obsessed with) in it. For every email he writes, I write five. I've already made a web site for it, made forums, etc. I worry that I am being too pushy and taking it over, but I really enjoy writing and role-playing, so this is exciting to me.

We came across our first pitfall, though. The name we had originally chosen was rather inappropriate, so we are trying to come up with a new name. Unfortunately, every cool name we came up with has already been taken as a domain. I'm pretty sure we will have to setting for a compound name of some kind. Sort of icky, but probably not a big deal. The setting name I am hoping for is evocative and has lots of potential for fantastic elements. It's up to Terry now.

Our gaming group is going to be playing again on Saturday, which makes me most happy. I will be running my Star Wars d20 game, which I have been enjoying a lot, even more than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment