Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Catastrophic Computer Failure

me: did you ever use Macs?
the little ones from way back?

DM: my wife had an LE 2

me: I used to get the little bomb message
like all the time
that's what I was thinking today
I was watching Toad
(Oracle database software)

DM: uh huh

me: after I did something I shouldn't have done
and I just saw the little bomb in my mind
that happy little error message
my computer was so messed up
I had to hard reboot
and even then and I had to practically unplug the stupid thing

DM: damn

me: you how just after you do something on your computer
I mean like 1 second after you click on something
or hit return
and you just realize
oh man
I really shouldn't have done that
I am so bad
I will have Photoshop

DM: yep\

me: Toad
Homesite

DM: happens to me every damn day

me: Firefox
and Visual Studio all running at the same time
I know I shouldn't
then I'll do the one thing that send Toad over the edge
I think my programs have personalities
Photoshop is a really demanding artist
that gets passive agressive
Toad is completely neurotic
Word is the IT guy who thinks he knows more than you
Outlook is the guy who thinks he's really organized but is really totally a mess
Excel is the guy you have explain something to three times
and he still doesn't get it
task manager is the guy you used to room with who leaves all the lights on in the house and the TV blaring in the other room

No comments:

Post a Comment